BizFed Chairman Mike Lewis (pictured above) delivered comments to the Board during yesterday’s meeting. Highlights of his comments are outlined below.
- Updating the LA Regional Water Quality Control Board’s (LARWQCB) water basin plan is a prudent first action to gain the greatest cost-effectiveness.
- MS4 permit compliance for cities should be prioritized for any new funding.
- The Plan should not impede on any new housing development in the County.
- The County’s public stakeholder process must be transparent
- We need the definition of Water Resilience and the benchmark for today’s achievement is in order to establish a new plan goal.
- Details matter on seeking expanded taxing authority
- Don’t use taxpayer monies to fund a tax increase campaign
Also in attendance to deliver remarks were BizFed members Jessica Duboff, LA Chamber; De’Andre Valencia, BIA-LAV; and Rob Katherman, Water Replenishment District.
Click here to read BizFed’s letter to the Board
Click here to read the motion