Earlier this morning, the full Trans-Pacific Partnership text was unveiled. The TPP marks the largest free-trade accord in a generation, including the participating nations of Japan, Mexico, Canada, Australia, Brunei, Chile, Malaysia, Mexico, New Zealand, Peru, Singapore, Vietnam and the United States, which collectively make up 40% of the global economy. The TPP offers important pathways for expanding trade, increasing global market access and growing economic opportunities for California companies.
Today marks the beginning of the 90 day (at least) review period, where Congressional stakeholders will engage with the public, each other, and the administration. The text of the TPP deal will be under the microscope of Congress and the broader public for at least 90 days before President Obama can sign the agreement.
It is critical that LA County business leaders contact the LA Congressional Delegation immediately, letting them know why TPP matters for your industry!
Click HERE to locate your Congressional representative.
See below for contact details, as well as templates for phone and email messages.
If contacting by phone: “Dear ______, On behalf of _______, I urge you to support the Trans-Pacific Partnership, which will deliver jobs, spur growth, increase our exports, and bring benefits for our workers, businesses and communities throughout Los Angeles County.”
If contacting by email: “Dear ______, On behalf of _______, I urge you to support the Trans-Pacific Partnership. As America’s gateway to Asia, no state has more to gain from TPP than California and no city more than Los Angeles. TPP will deliver jobs, spur growth and increase our exports, and bring benefits for our workers, businesses and communities throughout Los Angeles County. What we do in TPP will matter for the global trading system. TPP countries make up a third of global trade and 40 percent of global GDP. Ultimately, TPP will serve as a platform for LA County regional integration, and support and bolster the multilateral trading system.”
See below for the full LA County Congressional Delegation. Let us know who you contacted so that we can highlight your efforts!
- District 23 – Kevin McCarthy (R)
- District 25 – Steve Knight (R)
- District 26 – Julia Brownley (D)
- District 27- Judy Chu (D)
- District 28 – Adam B. Schiff (D)
- District 29 – Tony Cardenas (D)
- District 30 – Brad Sherman (D)
- District 32 – Grace F. Napolitano (D)
- District 33 – Ted Lieu (D)
- District 34 – Xavier Becerra (D)
- District 35 – Norma Torres (D)
- District 37 – Karen R. Bass (D)
- District 38 – Linda T. Sanchez (D)
- District 39 – Edward R. Royce (R)
- District 40 – Lucille Roybal-Allard (D)
- District 43 – Maxine Waters (D)
- District 44 – Janice Hahn (D)
- District 47 – Alan Lowenthal (D)